Addendum to Agenda for
the Meeting of the
Board of Parks and Recreation
Monday, October 23, 1995
Item 2 - Vancouver Aquarium - Confirming Use of Otter Display
- Peter Hamilton, Lifeforce
- Ron Rothwell, Friends of Stanley Park
Item 6 - Licence with Jericho Sailing Centre Assocation
- Mike Cotter, General Manager, Jericho Sailing Centre
- Dan Redekopp, Pres., Jericho Sailing Centre Assoc.
Item 8 - Fees and Charges
- Janet Stamper requested to appear before the Board regarding fees
and charges at Burrard Marina.
Item 10 - The Naming of Park Sites
- Don Manning, Save Our Parkland Assocation
- Former Langara Golf Course
Staff report dated October 4, 1995 recommending that the Board authorize
the demolition of the former Langara Golf Clubhouse and redevelop
the site to include parking and landscaping. (This item was referred
from the meeting of the Board held on Monday, October 16, 1995.)
- Bench Program at Andy Livinstone Park
Staff report dated October 18, 1995 recommending that a new bench
donation program for Andy Livingstone Park be approved; and, that
the net proceeds from this program be used for development of a park
site at Charles Street and McLean Drive.
- Golf Course 1996 Fees Amendment
Staff report dated October 19, 1995 recommending that the 1996 Fees
and Charges Schedule as outlined in the Board report dated October
11, 1995, be amended for twilight golf rates as indicated in this
- VanDusen Festival of Lights
Staff report dated October 19, 1995 recommending that a
two for one admission be approved for the opening night of VanDusen
Festival of Lights on December 8, 1995.
INCOME OPERATIONS/MARKETING/PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- The Naming of Park Sites
Staff report dated October 2, 1995 recommending that the Board consider
naming the parks contained in the report.
NOTICE OF MOTION
Aquarium Task Force
Moved by Commissioner Louis,
THAT the Board request that the Aquarium Task Force Chair and the
composition of the Task Force be determined no later than the first
Park Board meeting in December of this year.
- Financial Statements - Operating
& Capital Accounts
Staff information report dated October 17, 1995 mailed to Board members.