Board of Parks and Recreation
Regular Board Meeting
Monday, December 9, 1996 at 7:00 pm
A recording of the Agenda is available at 604-257-8507.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the Board held on Monday,
December 02, 1996 .
- Chair's Report
Item 3 - Fraserview Golf Course Redevelopment, Tree Removal
The following delegations requested to speak to the Board:
- Clive Justice, Friends of Stanley Park
- Don de Mille, Biologist
- Will Paulik, Director, Heritage Forests
- Jim Harvey, Friends of Stanley Park
- Guy Wera, SPEC
- Anthony Marr, Western Canada Wilderness Committee
- Brian Pidcock, Friends of Fraserview Golf Course
- Bill Nichols, Friends of Fraserview Golf Course
- Nick Cuff
- Dr. Fred Bass
- Donna Tilley
- David Wong, Friends of Fraserview Forests
Item 6 - 1997 Calendar of Special Events
Ray Greenwood requested to speak to the Board regarding the 1997 Calendar
of Special Events.
- Fraserview Golf Course Redevelopment,
Tree Removal and Replacement
Staff report dated November 15, 1996 recommending that the Board approve
tree removal at Fraserview Golf Course in accordance with plans to
be presented at the meeting.
- Stanley Park Works Yard
Staff report dated November 28, 1996 recommending that the Board approve
the conceptual design for the redeveloped Stanley Park service yard
as illustrated on appendix A; and that the Board retain the services
of Tusar Architecture Inc. to further the redevelopment design for
the Stanley Park works yard site.
- Stationary Equipment Operators -
Transfer to Recreation
Staff report dated November 28, 1996 recommending that the regular
staff complement of the Stationary Equipment Maintenance section be
reduced by two by eliminating six existing positions and creating
four new positions as listed in Appendix A, subject to classification
by the Director of Human Resources.
- 1997 Calendar of Special Events
Staff report dated November 21, 1996 recommending that the Board approve
the 1997 Calendar of Major Events as described in the report with
all arrangements to the satisfaction of the General Manager.
LAST MEETING'S NOTICE OF MOTION:
NOTICE OF MOTION
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: MONDAY, JANUARY 06 1997, AT 7:00 pm
(THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE SUBMITTED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND
NOT FOR DISCUSSION UNLESS RAISED BY A BOARD MEMBER)
- Approval of Warrants
Warrant #40 in the amount of $543,642.13.