for the Meeting of the
Board of Parks and Recreation
Monday, Dec 7, 1998
1. REDEVELOPMENT OF THE PLAYING FIELDS AT HILLCREST PARK
Staff report dated November 18, 1998 recommending that the Board approve
the redevelopment of the playing fields at Hillcrest Park from funds
provided by the 1997-99 Capital Plan.
2. NEW RADIO TOWER IN QUEEN ELIZABETH PARK
Staff report dated November 25, 1998 recommending that the City's
Director of Planning be advised of the Park Board's desire to see the
following conditions applied to the development permit for the proposed
E-Comm radio tower in Queen Elizabeth Park:
- THAT E-Comm restore all landscaped areas that are damaged due to
construction activity to their prior condition to the satisfaction
of the General Manager of the Park Board.
- THAT E-Comm reimburse the Vancouver Park Board for the loss of three
mature Japanese Maples to be removed [replacement value is $15,000].
- THAT the two existing radio towers and equipment shelters be reomved
and the area returned to green space at the expense of E-Comm, within
nine months of the tower becoming operational.
- THAT E-Comm pay the Vancouver Park Board for the planting of twnety
trees as visual impact mitigation [$10,000].
3. PARK BOARD SIGNING AUTHORITY
Staff report dated December 4, 1998, recommending that the signing
authority for the Park Board be designated as follows:
Susan Mundick, General Manager
Anita Ho, Director of Corporate Services
Jim Lowden, Director of Stanley District
Piet Rutgers, Director of Planning and Operations