Board of Parks and Recreation
Regular Board Meeting
Monday, May 3, 2004 at 7:00 pm
A recording of the Agenda
is available at 604-257-8507
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the Board held on Monday,
April 19, 2004 .
City of Vancouver Heritage Award - English Bay Bathhouse
- Everett Crowley Park Management Plan - Appointment of Consultants
Staff report dated April 22, 2004 recommending that the Board appoint LEES and Associates Consulting Ltd to develop a Management Plan for Everett Crowley Park.
- BCBC Portables on Park Land
Staff report dated April 23, 2004 recommending that the Board approve recommendations A to C.
Appendix 3 - City report: Land Leases for BCBC Portables
- Dog Off-Leash Program Enhancements - Funding Request
Staff report dated April 22, 2004 recommending that the Board approve funding of $83,000 for the improvements to the Dog Off-Leash Program, the source of funds to be the Corporate Sponsorship Program and that staff report back on the Responsible Dog Ownership Program and the potential support to be provided by the Park Board when further elements of the program have been finalized.
- Alcan Dragon Boat Festival
Staff report dated April 22, 2004 recommending that the Board approve the use of Creekside Park for the Alcan Dragon Boat Festival from June 18 to June 20, 2004 and that the Board grant permission to extend a Special Occasion License in conjunction with the event to 11:00 pm on Saturday, June 19, 2004.
Appendix 1 - Proposed Special Events Policies
Appendix 2 - Dragon Boat Festival Map
- 2004 Capital Plan
Staff report dated April 20, 2004 recommending that the Board approve recommendations A and B.
Appendix 1 - 2004 Capital Budget
WHEREAS the World Health Organization has selected May 10, 2004 as Move for Health Day to be observed around the globe;
WHEREAS on May 4, 2004 the Mayor will make a proclamation that the City of Vancouver will observe May 10, 2004 as Move for Health Day: Active Children and Youth;
WHEREAS promotion of physical activity leading to good health is a key part of the mandate of the Vancouver Park Board; and
WHEREAS recreation staff are planning activities to promote the principles of Move for Health Day;
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT:
- The Vancouver Park Board supports Move for Health Day: Active Children and Youth on May 10, 2004; and
- The Vancouver Park Board will encourage citizens, particularly children and youth, on May 10, 2004 to take part in activities and observances designed to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of physical activity, and to join local, national and global efforts to improve accessibility to physical activity for all our citizens.
ENQUIRIES, OTHER MATTERS AND NEW BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: Monday, May 17,
2004 at 7:00 pm