Board of Parks and Recreation
Regular Board Meeting
Monday, February 26, 2007 at 7:00 pm
A recording of the Agenda
is available at 604-257-8507.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the Board held on Monday, February 12, 2007 .
Parks and Recreation Planning Committee
Parks and Recreation Finance Committee
1. National Award of Landscape Excellence - Stewardship Award for VanDusen Botanical Garden.
2. Heritage Award - Stanley Park
- Park Board CO2 Reduction Strategy
Staff report dated February 8, 2007 recommending that the Board approve recommendations A and B.
Appendix 1 - Council report, Greenhouse Gas Reduction Strategy (Corporate Climate Change Action Plan):
- Report Back on Phase 1 (Upgrade Work to City Hall)
- Award of contract for Phase 2 - Park Board Energy Performance Contract
- Downtown Skate Plaza - Trial Period Review
Staff report dated February 14, 2007 recommending that the Board endorse the ongoing retention of the Downtown Skateboard Plaza on the terms described in the companion Council report.
Appendix 1 - Council report, Downtown Skateboard Plaza: Review of Two Year Trial Period
- 2007 ITU Triathlon World Cup
Staff report dated February 15, 2007 recommending that the Board approve the use of Ceperely Park from June 6 to 10, 2007 and the partial road closure in Stanley Park on June 10, 2007, 6 am to 6 pm, for the International Triathlon Union World Cup event.
Appendix A - Vancouver Park Board Special Event Policies
Appendix B - 2007 Triathlon World Cup event at Ceperley Park
THAT the Board later this evening go into a meeting which is closed to the public, pursuant to Section 165.2 of the Vancouver Charter, to discuss matters related to paragraph:
(a) personal information about an identifiable individual who is being considered for a position as an officer, employee or agent of the city or another position appointed by the city;
ENQUIRIES, OTHER MATTERS AND NEW BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: Monday, March 12, 2007 at 7:00 pm.