of Parks and Recreation
March 23, 2009 at 7:00 pm
A recording of the Agenda is available at 604-257-8507.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the regular
meeting of the Board held on Monday, March 2, 2009 .
- Stanley Park Forest Management Plan Report
Staff report dated March 23, 2009 recommending that the Board receive the management plan for information.
Appendix [9.7 Mb] - Stanley Park Forest Management Plan, March 2009
Appendices 1-6 [8 Mb]
Appendices 7-13 [10.6 Mb]
Presentation Slides [1.2 Mb]
- Trout Lake Community Centre
Staff report dated March 12, 2009 recommending that the Board approve Recommendations A to E.
Appendices A, B & C [3.8 Mb]
Ice Rink and Site Plan, Location Analysis, Preferred Location
- Commemorative Naming - Community Kitchen at Kitsilano War Memorial Community Centre
Staff report dated March 12, 2009 recommending that the Board approve the commemorative naming of the community kitchen at Kitsilano War Memorial Community Centre after the late Ken Hillman ("Ken's Kitchen").
- Jericho Marginal Wharf - Reconsultation
Staff report dated March 12, 2009 recommending that the Board direct staff to undertake an on-line bulletin board and a focus group process for the Jericho Marginal Wharf project as outlined in this report, or that the Board direct staff to undertake a facilitated consultation process as outlined in this report.
- Mount Pleasant Centre at #1 Kingsway
Staff report dated March 12, 2009 recommending that the Board approve Recommendations A and B.
Attachment A Council Report: Mount Pleasant Centre Operating Model and Budget
- Stanley Park and Queen Elizabeth Park Road Reconstruction Award of Contract
Staff report dated March 19, 2009 recommending that the Board approve Recommendations A to D.
- 2009 Operating Budget - Stanley Park Shuttle
Staff report March 11, 2009 recommending that the Board approve Recommendations A and B.
The following motions were put forward by Commissioner Blyth:
- THAT staff examine the feasibility of and report back on posting Board meeting proceedings on-line so as to allow public access to full audio recordings of these meetings.
- THAT staff be instructed to explore the feasibility of using Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media to communicate with the public as to Park Board public consultation and to advertise activities and services.
The following motion was put forward by Commissioner Jasper:
- THAT the Board approve the interim use, at no cost to the Board, of the Mount Pleasant Community Centre for childcare programs until no later than March 15, 2010 which factors in some contingency time for program use prior to the decommissioning of the Centre.
ENQUIRIES, OTHER MATTERS AND NEW BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: Monday, April 6, 2009 at 7:00 pm.