Board of Parks and Recreation
Planning & Environment Committee Meeting
Thursday, April 08, 2010 at 6:30 pm
at 2099 Beach Avenue
AGENDA - revised (april 7)
- Approval of Minutes of the February 04, 2010 Meeting
- Street Tree Issue – 46th Avenue and George Street
Delegation has requested to speak with the Committee on a street tree issue.
- Report on the 'Ecology of Stanley Park'
Presentation by the Stanley Park Ecology Society on their report of the park's biophysical resources.
- Special Event Permits
Staff presentation on changes to major event permits.
Trout Lake Farmers Market at John Hendry Park, May 8 to October 30
Vancouver International Soccer Festival at Andy Livingstone Park, June 26 and 27
Kitsfest at Kitsilano Beach Park, August 20 – 22
- Memorial South Park Tennis Courts
Delegation has requested to speak with the Committee regarding a proposal to upgrade the tennis courts at Memorial South Park.
- Southeast False Creek Community Centre partnership opportunity with Canadian Sport Centre Pacific
Staff presentation on the use of a portion of the new South East False Creek Community Centre.
- Stanley Park Shuttle Operation
Staff presentation on possible ways for the shuttle to operate in Stanley Park.
Members of the public will be invited to speak to the Committee on these items. For further information, please contact Hart Nijjar at 604.257.8453.
Next Meeting: Thursday, May 6th, 2010 at 6:30 p.m.