Board of Parks and Recreation
Regular Board Meeting
Monday, July 22, 1996 at 7:00 pm
A recording of the Agenda is available at 604-257-8507.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the Board held on Monday,
July 08, 1996 .
- Memorial South Playing Fields - T96-10
Staff report dated July 11, 1996 recommending that the Board award
the tender T96-10 to Wilco Landscape Contractors Ltd. in the amount
- Point Grey Road/Waterloo Streetend
Staff report dated July 10, 1996 recommending that the Board approve
the wording of the plaque recognizing the large, private donation
in 1995, which made acquisition of this park possible.
- Development of the Renfew Ravine Neighbourhood Greenway
Administrative report dated July 10, 1996 recommending that development
of a Neighbourhood Greenway along the eastern edge of the Renfrew
Ravine embankment between Renfrew Street and 29th Ave. be approved
and that funding of $116,850 be allocated from Streets Basic Capital
Unappropriated Account No. 12/31/6801/999 for this project.
- Award of Contract - Charles & McLean Streets Parksite
This is a late distribution report.
- Contract Awards
Staff report dated July 10, 1996 recommending that the General Manager
be authorized to award contracts in excess of $50,000 during the Board's
summer break period from August 1 to September 6, 1996, if required.
INCOME OPERATIONS/MARKETING/PUBLIC AFFAIRS
- Nat Bailey Stadium - Summer Concert
Staff report dated July 08, 1996 recommending that the promoter of
the concert series, MCA Concerts Canada, work with staff and the Environmental
Health Department to reduce the noise levels for the three remaining
LAST MEETING'S NOTICE OF MOTION
- 1998 NHL All Star Game Proposal
Moved by Commissioner Wilson, THAT the Board endorse the 1998 NHL
All Star Game Proposal for the Hastings Parksite subject to the following
terms and conditions:
- The extension is for a maximum of four months to February 7,
- That the additional cost of maintaining and securing these
buildings be borne by Orca Bay.
- That Orca Bay contribute a minimum of $225,000 net of all expenses
toward the restoration of HastingsPark.
- That Orca Bay offer to assist the Hastings Park working committee
and Park Board with fundraising activities for the restoration
of the Park.
- That all buildings slated for demolition be torn down immediately
upon completion of the event.
- All arrangements be to the satisfaction of the General Manager.
NOTICE OF MOTION
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: Monday, July 29, 1996 at 7:00 pm
(THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE SUBMITTED FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND
NOT FOR DISCUSSION UNLESS RAISED BY A BOARD MEMBER)
- Approval of Warrants
Warrant #28 in the amount of $184,960.18, Warrant #29 in the amount
Go to search