Board of Parks and Recreation
Regular Board Meeting
Monday, September 11, 2006
at 7:00 pm
at VanDusen Botanical Garden
A recording of the Agenda
is available at 604-257-8507.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the Board held on Monday, July 17, 2006 .
Parks and Recreation Planning Committee
Parks and Recreation Finance Committee
OPEN QUESTION PERIOD
Margot Long of PWL Partnership Landscape Architects will present the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects National Merit for Design Award to the following Park Board facilities:
- Stanley Park Salmon Stream
- George Wainborn Park
- Harbour Green Park Phase 2
- Aquarium Revitalization and Expansion Proposal: Technical Review and Public Consultation Process
This item was referred from the meeting of the Board held on Monday, July 10, 2006.
Appendix 1 - Vancouver Park Board-Vancouver Aquarium Proposed Public Consultation Process, Vancouver Aquarium Revitalization and Expansion Proposal, June 29, 2006.
- Aquarium Revitalization and Expansion Proposal: Technical Review & Public Consulation Process
Staff report dated September 5, 2006 recommending that the Board approve recommendations A to C.
Appendix 3 - Vancouver Park Board-Vancouver Aquarium Proposed Public Consultation Process, Vancouver Aquarium Revitalization and Expansion Proposal, September 5, 2006.
- Vancouver Technical Secondary School Synthetic Turf Project: Consultant Contract
Staff report dated August 30, 2006 recommending that the Board approve recommendations A and B.
- West End Community Centre - Lobby Improvements
Staff report dated August 23, 2006 recommending that the Board accept the donation of $164,500 from the West End Community Centre Association for renovations to the lobbies on the main and upper floors of the centre at no cost to the Board.
- Appointment of Architect for Kitsilano Arena Kitchen
Staff report dated August 8, 2006 recommending that the Board approve recommendations A and B.
- Procedure By-Law Amendment
Board members to enact a by-law to amend the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation Procedure By-Law regarding issues of procedure.
Appendix A - A By-law to amend the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation Procedure By-law regarding issues of procedure
- Procedure By-Law Amendment By-Law
To amend the Procedure By-Law requires three readings in accordance to Procedure By-Law 15.1.
THAT the Board later this evening go into a meeting which is closed to the public, pursuant to Section 165.2 of the Vancouver Charter, to discuss matters related to paragraph:
(a) personal information about an identifiable individual who is being considered for a position as an officer, employee or agent of the city or another position appointed by the city;
ENQUIRIES, OTHER MATTERS AND NEW BUSINESS
NEXT MEETING: September 25, 2006 at 7:00 pm
Go to search